Plans are brewing to launch a major consumer show for London’s new-build residential property sector, promising “Thousands of properties; one roof” – and some industry heavyweights are said to already be in on the action…
“London Property Week” aims to make the whole new-build buying process more straightforward – and discoverable – for buyers. It takes leads from the success of consumer-focused events in steaming markets such as Hong Kong, but is building in more elements to create a “one-stop shop” for London property-hunters. “Potential buyers of new builds are unaware of the huge variety, affordability and appeal of the many developments shooting up all over the metropolis,” says bunf.
The ambitious event is the brainchild of Alan Page; a serial developer (aka The Doer Upper) who has done stints as a buying agent, writes (candidly) for PrimeResi – and who was heavily involved in London Fashion Week. Page designed the high profile fashion event’s current logo and created its international marketing, image and website for a number of years.
Page and the LPW team have been drumming up support for the project from developers large and small, and report that some very recognisable industry names are already involved at this ground floor stage – but are cagey about spilling too many beans too soon.
Younger London-based buyers are the core audience, but Page aims to attract the full gamut of prospects, from first-timers and second-steppers to overseas buyers and investors.
And it’s not just a showcase of show homes and units. The idea is to combine all sorts of essential and useful elements – from finance to interior design – in one digestible format.
Although slated for some time next year, dates are very much TBC. The week is likely to culminate in a three-day event at a central London venue, with developers and agents being “encouraged to focus their latest launches, open house events and marketing campaigns around a week long schedule of related events”.
London Property Week’s proposed elements include:
- Property: From small, independent developments right up to large corporates will be represented.
- Mortgages: One online application for all finance companies attending the show.
- Interiors: Special show packages for new build buyers.
- Viewings: Escorted tours of buyers’ property shortlists.
- Expert seminars: These will cover Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Finding the best Mortgage, The conveyancing process, Choosing a solicitor, Where’s the next Hot Spot and many other topics.
- The LPW app: Attendees to the show will eventually also be able to sign up for exclusive year-round news, property and mortgage special offers, launch invitations and area guides to new developments via a free app.
- Smart Visits: Simple digital navigation via visitors’ smartphones will help attendees find what they need at the show itself.
Alan Page, founder of London Property Week: “Our research suggests there is a real appetite amongst young Londoners for a high quality event such as this. They are very keen to find out more about how they can get onto the property ladder, and this will be a unique opportunity to find out not just about the thousands of properties available but also discuss a mortgage with top providers, learn about Government schemes such as Help to Buy and even understand the legal process.
“We are aware of one or two small events targeting first time buyers, but there is nothing of real quality, where exhibitors are pre-vetted, where it is easy to go direct from the show to a viewing, where there is genuine help for both new and experienced buyers when it comes to finance, and where the scale and quality of London’s new residential areas is properly represented.”