by PrimeResi February 29, 2016
George Osborne says that over 780,000 homebuyers saved an estimated £657m on Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) in the year since the tax was reformed, while receipts from £1m+ sales increased by 15%.
These articles are worth a read too:
- Mapped: Stamp duty receipts tumble – but jump by 11% in LondonOctober 3, 2016
- Telegraph launches ‘Stamp Duty Must Be Slashed’ campaignNovember 15, 2016
- Buy-to-let SDLT surcharge consultation: Now openJanuary 4, 2016
- London’s prime property market dip to drive a £1.6bn cut in this year’s SDLT receiptsNovember 25, 2016
- On The Take: Could stamp duty revenue fall?October 31, 2016