Mishcon de Reya’s round-up of the latest legal happenings in the property world.
IMPORTANT: This briefing note is only intended as a general statement of the law and no action should be taken in reliance on it without specific legal advice.
THE FORECAST FOR FLOOD INSURANCE
The Government and the Association of British Insurers (ABI), whose members sell 90% of all insurance in the UK, recently agreed a memorandum of understanding to pave the way for “Flood Re”. This will be a new pooled reinsurance scheme designed to ensure that
- Flood Re opens for business with £2.1bn coverApril 5, 2016
- Risky Business: How to insure a high-value propertyApril 12, 2016
- Insurers float flood risk ‘traffic light’ warnings for property adsSeptember 29, 2016
- Government launches floods action plan and ‘one stop’ web portal for property ownersOctober 28, 2016
- Uninsured renovations leave £2.77bn-worth of UK property at riskOctober 6, 2016